The clever grid-floor design by Melwood gives many advantages over a normal static cabin, saving time, money, hassle and danger of flooding!
1. “Our Melwood structures can be installed on temporary footing pads as a portable structure without needing a concrete slab.” Where you are able to install onto pre-cast and pressure tested concrete footing pads, you do not need a concrete slab. Not needing a concrete slab keeps the overall cost considerably lower.
2. “Our Melwood Structures Can Be Concreted Into Very Uneven Ground.” Every section of the base is individually adjustable which means that your Structure can be fitted on very uneven ground. With other structures, you would have to have a concrete foundation or slab laid as flat as possible, otherwise it would not be level. This is not an issue with our structures. Virtually any severity of sloping land can be accommodated.
3. “In Portable Or Temporary Applications Your Melwood Structure Can Sit On Different Foundations.” Some of the foundation can range from lawn, concrete slabs, to an old concrete foundation. So if the site for your Portable Structure is a mixture of grass, gravel, concrete, slabs, soil, etc. it is not a problem.
4. “The Base Means Zero Danger Of Dampness.” The base means there is always an air gap between the ground and your Portable Structure so there is zero chance of dampness being a problem.
5. “Your structure can be elevated on concreted piers where Flooding Is A Danger.” This advantage been pointed out to us by a number of our customers. One client lives right next to a river and wanted their cabin to be elevated above any likely flood level. This was very easily accommodated.
6. “The Base Means We Can Have Your Melwood Structure Ready For You Very Quickly.” If we can deliver your Melwood Structure quickly, this means we have lower wage bills, lower vehicle hire costs, lower overnight accommodation costs. All of these savings can be passed on to you. Our prices represent excellent value because our designs are more efficient.
7. “You Must Always Have A Strong Foundation.” Many of our Structures are used as gyms where there is extra weight and stress. Our base is designed to withstand this type of stress.